Manor Park Primary School

'Playing, learning and growing together'

If you have a concern or complaint

We would like you to tell us about it. We welcome any suggestions for improving our service. Be assured that no matter what you want to tell us, our support and respect for you and your child in the school will not be affected in any way. Please tell us of your concern as soon as possible. It is difficult for us to investigate properly an incident or problem which has happened some time ago.

What to do first

Most concerns can be sorted out quickly by speaking with your child’s class teacher.

What to do next

If you are dissatisfied with the teacher’s response, you can take the complaint to the Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher. If you are not happy with the outcome at this stage, you must put your complaint in writing to the Headteacher. The Headteacher or designated officer will then conduct a full investigation of the complaint and may interview any members of staff or pupils involved. You may request a written response to your complaint.

If your complaint is about an action of the Headteacher personally, then you should refer it to the Department of Education, Sport and Culture.

If you are still unhappy

The problem will normally be solved by this stage. However, if you are still not satisfied, you may wish to contact the Department of Education, Sport and Culture.

A copy of the Department of Education, Sport and Culture's Complaints Procedures can be found at this link.